Machine Set-up/Programmer III
15 + years of C.N.C set-up and programming related experience needed.
SALARY TYPE: Salary/Hourly to be determined.
U.S. Ordnance is a place to explore your greatest potential. Be a part of a team and culture that thrives on each person bringing their skills and passions to a challenging and evolving company.
DESCRIPTION OF BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under minimal supervision, sets up and operates CNC (computer numerical controlled) machinery to fabricate raw materials, casting, and forgings into finish parts.
(Include the following, however, other duties may apply.)
- Complete understanding of C.N.C. Machinery programming G and M codes with both CAM systems and manual input methods.
- Proficient with both MasterCam and Esprit Cam systems to create programs in a timely and efficient manner.
- C.N.C. Machinery will consist of Vertical Mills, Horizontal Mills, Multi Axis Lathes, and Wire E.D.M’s.
- Machine and Fixture set-ups, tooling selections, program and fixture proofing, first part quality verification.
- Operator training prior to production run, Troubleshooting machine and tooling issues, Process/Program improvement of machine operations.
- Develop in-process quality checks (probing, hard gaging, and control factors)
- Implement a retention/document program for programs, tooling lists, and set-up sheets.
- Able to work overtime, Set-up and proof operations with a low impact or impedance to production hours.
- Performs all tasks in a safe and responsible manner for fellow team members.
- Maintains a clean and orderly workspace.
- Aids Machinist and Machine Operator I/II employees with functions ranging from tool replacement to basic program editing/programming changes.
- Ability to cooperate with Engineering and Quality departments in their
process/product improvement activities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
(The knowledge, skills and attitudes required for satisfactory job performance)
Ability to perform basic mathematical computations. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Effectively communicate and understand job instructions both verbally and written in the English language.
- Ability to move or transfer products with an overhead crane.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
This job operates in a professional, machining, warehouse, and indoor and outdoor shooting range. The use of safety glasses and hearing protection are required in specific areas of the facility.
POSITION TYPE / EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position 6:00-4:30. Days and hours of work are Monday through
Thursday, or as needed.
REPORTS TO: Machine Shop Manager
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
15 + years of C.N.C set-up and programming related experience needed. Supervisory experience a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not unlawfully discriminate in employment. No question on the application is used for the purpose of limiting or excluding any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Equal access to employment, services, and programs is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the organization.